Delhi Municipal Corporation levies tax as per DMC Act, 1957, on properties which are lands and buildings in the Delhi Municipal area and the owners of such properties shall remit the tax dues in the Corporation Office, within the stipulated period.
Now this tax can be remitted on line, the procedure for which is given below:
Step by Step Procedure to Pay Property tax Online
- The tax payer has to login to the website http://www.mcdpropertytax.in/index.php when one would be guided further how to go on remitting the tax on line.
- To locate the Property reference one can find the same in the Website http://www.mcdonline.gov.in/
- One can choose the tax payment option among the three options appearing in the screen, which will be
- For filing property tax
- For obtaining the property ID application
- For makig application to allot property id.
- When one chooses the filing property tax option, the next screen appears giving details of tax remitted so far and the tax due presently.
This being the first part of the online remittance operation, the Tax payer must select the period for which the payment is made and the tax amount relating to the period and click pay online button.
Next, the tax payer has to select the payment mode option, such as net banking or credit card and go through the process of payment by supplying necessary passwords and PINs. Once the payment is through, the receipt will be generated and the tax payer can take a print out of it, if needed.
Paying Your Property Tax for the First Time
Periodical tax payments can be made by just providing the Property ID, however, the one who is paying for the first time has to do some more work in the form of registration by going to the Website link http://www.mcdpropertytax.in/intProperty.php
The enrolment or registration section of the website would require one to furnish the property details , such as the owner’s name, address, building type, contact details which may include eMail ID and Mobile number and once all these details are furnished the Taxpayer has to click the submit button.
The complete details which are stored in the website in respect of the particular property will then appear in an organised fashion for the user to ensure correctness of them.
Essentials of tax Payment to Pay Online
- This facility of online tax payment is established to make the tax payment easy, less arduous as compared to manual remittance at the Municipal Corporation Office or the assigned Bank.
- The website and online payment processing is organised by UTI Bank and shortly it will be bilingual for everyone to easily use it.
- The process of online payment is very simple, taking just 2 to 3 minutes for making payment.
- The system calculates, updates and accounts the property tax payment spontaneously.
- The system also follows up the dues, monitors payment arrears and calculates penalties too.
- The Online payment website not only calculates penalties, but also the rebates for early remittances, keeping the process reliable and trustworthy.
- Payment options of varied kind are integrated in the system, and Gateways for using Credit Card, ITZ Cash, Net banking options made available, while the payment through Cash, Cheque or DD is also possible through CSB centres or authorised banks, for those who want to continue with such method.
- The system is equipped well for interface with manually filed PTRs, likewise, it monitors all other payment related activities manually done, thus keeping the records uptodate on day to day basis.
- The system also provides help to the administrators and other users with rich resource of MIS with regard to Property tax collections and arrears.