About MCD Delhi
Municipal Corporation of Delhi, or MCD, is one of the largest corporations in India managing the administrative and civic facilities in New Delhi, the state capital of India. The salient features of MCD are-
- Manages an area of about 1400 sq. kms that is next only to Tokyo.
- It looks after urban and rural villages, Slum/Squatter Settlements, regularized unauthorized colonies, resettlement colonies.
MCD Property Tax
- The tax is levied by the municipal corporation of Delhi on the property owners in Delhi.
- The mcd property tax is one of the principal sources of revenues for the municipality corporation of Delhi.
- The mcd property tax model is based upon Unit Area System which is one of the preferred models among other municipality corporation in India.
- To streamline property mcd property tax payment, MCD has now come up with an online payment system. The online payment system ensures that the tax payers have to go through no inconvenience at all in filling up the mcd property tax form and paying their property taxes. The online mcd property tax application form can be filled and submitted online.
MCD Property Tax Application Form
- The mcd property tax application form is available online on the official website of MCD “http://mcdpropertytax.in”. The mcd property tax form can be downloaded and filled. After filling in the mcd property tax form, it can be submitted at one of the authorized collection centers.
- The authorized collections where duly filled mcd property tax form along with the check or cash payments can be submitted include HDFC BANK payment centers.
- One can also fill in the online mcd property tax form available on the official website. The mcd property tax application form can be filled. After filling in the mcd property tax application form, it can be submitted online. After making the online payment, one can get a printout of the receipt as a proof of payment.
Advantages of Filling Property Tax in Time
- One is entitled to get 15% rebate if full mcd property tax payment is done by 30th June.
- By filing one’s property tax in time one can ensure that he will not be penalized for nonpayment of property tax.
- Timely payment also ensures that one won’t have to pay any fine for late payment.
A good track record of tax payments can ensure that the tax payer may get entitled to benefits that are offered from time to time by MCD.